Putting an end to all speculations, RIL Chairman, Mukesh Ambani announced that Reliance Jio free services would be extended till March 31, 2017. This means that you would be able to enjoy unlimited voice, and free data and video calling till March next year under Jio ‘Happy New Year Offer’.
Post 31 December 2016 all existing Jio users who are currently enjoying free Jio 4G services under the Jio ‘Welcome Offer’ would be migrated to Jio ‘Happy New Year Offer’.
Jio Happy New Year Offer Revealed
Jio Happy New Year would be valid from 1 Jan to 31 March 2017 and would offer unlimited voice, video, and unlimited 4G internet to all Jio subscribers. However it comes with slight modifications though.
Under the Jio ‘Happy New Year Offer’, the users would unlimited access to all Jio services including voice, SMS, video, data, and premium content delivered over Jio suite of apps. However the daily FUP (Fair Usage Policy) limit is reduced to 1 GB per day, post which the users would be able to use the internet at a reduced speed of 128 Kbps without any cap on the data volume. This is 25% of the current limit of 4 GB /day.
This is done to resolve the network slowdown issues which is being reported by Jio subscribers across the country. About 80% of Jio users consume less than 1 GB data per day. So this reduction in daily FUP limit won’t affect the majority of Jio users in any way.
Other Key Annoucements
- An average Jio user consumes more data than an average broadband user in India.
- Jio has successfully rolled out e-KYC across 2 lakh in the country.
- By March 2017, Jio would be doubling its offline network to 4 lakh stores digitally.
- The company claimed that over 900 crore voice calls from Jio subscribers were blocked by the top 3 telecom operators.
- Call failure rate has now come down to 20% from 90% earlier.
- About 8% of Jio towers have experienced congestion due to abnormal data usage under the Jio offer.
Recently Reliance Jio has also started home delivery of Jio SIMs. So if you have still not got yourself a Jio SIM yet, then this is your chance.